Imap is missing after a fresh install of myVestacp Debian 10 Bluster

unitydev

Imap is missing after a fresh install of myVestacp

I also tried to apt-get install php-imap

it was installed but misconfigured my /webmail (Roundcube) database settings

I reinstalled my server again and reinstall myvesta. So i tried sending emails but emails that were sent were not saved on Roundcube with error (screenshot attached)

Tags:
myVesta
Site Admin

Code: Select all

apt update
apt install php7.3-imap
and keep in mind this - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=270
dpeca wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:23 pm During this process, you will be probably asked to overwrite existent conf files with new one.
Please select No (or select "keep the local version currently installed").
Those options are actually default options.

Why not to override conf files?
Here is an example.
If you override php.ini with new version - you'll override disable_functions option (that we put as best security setup) and that way you will actually downgrade security of your web system.
Other example is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template - we modified that file a lot, and if you install default Debian version of that file, you will completly mess up exim4 service.
During updates, it is very often that apt will also ask to overwrite /etc/clamav/clamd.conf or /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php.
Just don't do it.

Actually, there are very rare situations where you should override config files during apt upgrades... almost never.
In general, most likely you will mess up services if you install config files that comes via apt updates.