Migration from Vesta to myVesta

nedajba

Thanks a lot for the great fork for the Debian installation.
Is there any way and what is the procedure to change the Hostname of myVesta host?

Eg. now i have old server vps.example.com (Vesta) ans I want to migrate all users to new server vps2.example.com (myVesta)

On old server I use LetsEncrypt certificate for Vesta and SSL for E-Mail access, clients uses SSL to vps.example.com for SMTP and IMAP.

The idea behind is to migrate all users from old Vesta server (vps.example.com) to new myVesta server (vps2.example.com) and when I finish with migration, will shutdown old server and use old name on new server, so I don't have to reconfigure email clients.

Thanks for any sugestion.
myVesta
Site Admin

nedajba

Wow... Thx... :)
Ominae

hello dpeca how are you?
I wanted to ask you a question regarding the same.

In the migration process from Vesta to myVesta, will it be normal that the Vesta user backup does not add the bandwidth statistics data in myVesta?
Is there a method to migrate those statistics?
myVesta
Site Admin

I think not.
But you can manually copy /var/log/apache2/domains/your-domain.com.bytes from old server to new.

Also, you can edit /usr/local/vesta/data/users/SOMEUSER/web.conf and manually change U_BANDWIDTH='XXXX' value (get value from old server)
ThomasDeads

This happens if host leaves. Same on Ps4. As there are no dedicated servers for online gaming, those are players who host sessions. If they leave, you have DC
Ominae

dpeca wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:10 pm I think not.
But you can manually copy /var/log/apache2/domains/your-domain.com.bytes from old server to new.

Also, you can edit /usr/local/vesta/data/users/SOMEUSER/web.conf and manually change U_BANDWIDTH='XXXX' value (get value from old server)
Thanks Dpreca, effectively you must copy the file called "stats" from one server to another and then edit U_BANDWIDTH of the file "web.conf"