How did you find out about myVesta?

deanhills

I've just read about it at the main Vesta Panel:
Is Vesta Project Dead?
https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19905

I noticed your discussion and mention about a Debian fork and am now trying to find out whether I need to make a change.

I was unaware that the main Vesta Panel is no longer actively supported.
seeuhome

Just wanted to say T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

I've been using VestaCP for several years now and have been very happy with the product. When I was ready to build another VM this weekend I noticed that the Fail2Ban wasn't starting. After rebuilding the VM several times I shot over to the forum and saw the awful news.

Good news for us that you have continued to help us with myVesta. I'm not a Debian user, but I'm in IT and have been for over 30 years. The setup was a snap and all is working.

Thanks again!
arktex54

dpeca wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am OK, something must be first topic on forum, so let's start with question.
I was going to upgrade Ubuntu 16.04 LTS running vestacp why I had some downtime. I have posted a few times in the forums and have only gotten crickets, so I decided to look around and found out about myvesta and another fork. I **like** how it is built for only one operating system so there isn't a bunch of broken stuff because the developer didn't have time to test with X version. I slapped up a Debian 10 on Digital Ocean and away I went. It imported the old vesta backup packages perfectly!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/616 ... ng-e-mails
myVesta
Site Admin

I answered to your question on stackowerflow :)
arktex54

dpeca wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm
I answered to your question on stackowerflow :)
Thanks, mate! That fixed it just like you stated it would! Kudos!
Ominae

arktex54 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:22 pm
dpeca wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am OK, something must be first topic on forum, so let's start with question.
I was going to upgrade Ubuntu 16.04 LTS running vestacp why I had some downtime. I have posted a few times in the forums and have only gotten crickets, so I decided to look around and found out about myvesta and another fork. I **like** how it is built for only one operating system so there isn't a bunch of broken stuff because the developer didn't have time to test with X version. I slapped up a Debian 10 on Digital Ocean and away I went. It imported the old vesta backup packages perfectly!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/616 ... ng-e-mails
Doubt, could you tell me please what machine or plan did you choose in Digital Ocean?
Ominae

What worries me about VestaCP is that for example the installation of Nginx PHP-FPM was left in Php7.0 and wordpress is claiming that it is already obsolete.

I installed MyVesta Nginx PHP-FPM and it comes with Php7.2 and solved the wordpress problem :) I am happy

Doubt ... will there be an update to Php7.3 or 7.4 in MyVesta or the problem is that I should do a manual update?
myVesta
Site Admin

Ominae wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 am What worries me about VestaCP is that for example the installation of Nginx PHP-FPM was left in Php7.0 and wordpress is claiming that it is already obsolete.

I installed MyVesta Nginx PHP-FPM and it comes with Php7.2 and solved the wordpress problem :) I am happy

Doubt ... will there be an update to Php7.3 or 7.4 in MyVesta or the problem is that I should do a manual update?
Debian10 comes with php7.3
I have no idea how did you get php7.2

You have multi-php installer for myVesta:

Download php-installer:

Code: Select all

wget -nv -O ./vesta-inst-php.sh https://c.myvestacp.com/tools/multi-php-install.sh
Now you need to edit script before you run it.

mcedit ./vesta-inst-php.sh
Put 1 in desired PHP versions.

Save it, and then run script.

sudo bash ./vesta-inst-php.sh
Ominae

dpeca wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 am
Debian10 comes with php7.3
I have no idea how did you get php7.2
Sorry! jajaja :oops: if i have php7.3
I entered the wrong machine :roll: oops!
wpinsites

I was concerned about the apparent stalled status of the VestaCP project as I have been using it for production servers for a few years. I saw a post that mentioned myVesta (and Hestia?) so had a look at both, and while Hestia is pretty, the fact that you're using this on your own servers, so have a fair bit of "skin in the game", I decided to give it a try, and am very happy I have gone this route.

Thank you for making this publicly available.