How did you find out about myVesta?

T4B

dpeca wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am How did you find out about myVesta?
in article :P
myVesta
Site Admin

T4B wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:53 pm
what article?
T4B

dpeca wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:06 am
T4B wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:53 pm
what article?
weblog article :lol: :lol:
compiz

From vestacp forum
droopy

I am an old vestacp user, and notice that it is not updated anymore. Reading their forum i read about myvestacp.com and hestiacp.com.

Vesta CP was recommended by my hosting provider as a free alternative to Cpanel and others. I try other free panels but most of them are unstable or requires too many configurations and be an expert with their interfase.

LAMP was also recommended, but VestaCP offers a flexible panel, easy to install and use, and a forum. Only lack of a technician support in case of an emergency
Jpsciolli

I used vesta for a long while of time with digital ocean droplets, guided by a guy who works at intel... then left it when changing to Linode... then tried it again but something happened and then it was weird to update SSL and I started to check what might be a better change. When I saw that vestacp ws no longer updated I found HestiaCP... tried it for a while but again something was not quite right (can´t remember now) and found you at the vestacp forum.
I loved that you tangible use it and beeing your fork, you try to gave it the best! so i share the spirit while i eep learning!
thanks for the great work.
CassTG

May as well Say helloooo

New to Myvesta however was a user of tvestacp many moons ago before settling on plesk. However i like to tinker and my renewal is up shortly so i have been trying to find if there was a more opensource panel that can be used instead of Plesk, not for the cost saving but i prefer open source solutions.

Anyways I founf Myvesta from a forum thread in vestacp as i was checking in to see if the security issues were being resolved. Monday i tried HestiaCP, but i prefer Debian and wanted to use 11. However i tested it on Ubuntu and yep its a better version of vesta, however some things wernt working well for me (my fault i know now damn redis) so i tried CyberPanel. Spent all day setting that up and yes UI is great but openlitespeed would not play ball with one of my sites. So out of desperation late last night i tried DirectAdmin ( i wish i could wipe that experience out of mind, whomever thought of their ux process needs help)

Anyways this morning i thought lets try the other vesta fork, i mean if the guy whose running the show is using it for his business its gotta be ok.

I currently have it setup with CSF (not sure if this is working right at the moment but working on it), mod security with custom rules which are working great and just testing it with Vulnrs scan to see how it fairs and some tweaks to certain files for additional directives.

But i will say this the speed one of my sites was loading compared to plesk is jaw dropping (dev server has miniscule resources as well) and its a heavy site so hopefully once i can work out the last few quirks on my setup i think this will be a keeper

So thank you very much indeedy
Last edited by CassTG on Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.