Terminal acces for normal users?

ikheetjeff

Hi,

I would like normal users to access SFTP. If I just change nologin to bash, everyone can access all files (including outside of their own home).

Is it possible for users to access terminal only in their home folder? And that they can only execute a few commands. For example, only git and composer?

Thank you in advance.
T4B

I think you need to buy an SFTP CHROOT licence
https://vestacp.com/pricing/
T4B

ikheetjeff

Yes, I have indeed seen this. But this is without terminal right? I also want them to not be able to do admin stuff in the terminal. Preferably only necessary + composer/git.
ikheetjeff

I just bought it. Unfortunately it's not quite what I was looking for. When someone has "nologin" SSH access, you only get into the user's directory. Only when you choose bash, rbash or something else will you see all the files on the server. I only want to see home directory and terminal access for that directory.
myVesta
Site Admin

T4B

ikheetjeff wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:16 pm I just bought it. Unfortunately it's not quite what I was looking for. When someone has "nologin" SSH access, you only get into the user's directory. Only when you choose bash, rbash or something else will you see all the files on the server. I only want to see home directory and terminal access for that directory.