Ioncube and Softaculous not working after upgrade to Debian 11 - Troubleshoot

brunoerusso

Hi, last week I’ve upgraded my server to Debian 11. The only problem that I’ve found is the conf of exim, so I’ve changed for a new one and all is working ok. I’ve softaculous license and I’ve installed some things for customers. Yesterday, when I tried to access softaculous through apps from MyVesta, it gives me an ioncube loader error. So, I take a look on the server, and it was disabled. I make changes in the new php.ini for PHP 7.4, following these instructions:

https://www.discoverbits.in/post/myvest ... on-debian/

All it’s ok, ioncube is working when I run “php -v”, but softaculous it’s still no working. So, I tried to reinstall softaculous with the install script provided by MyVesta team, following this:

viewtopic.php?t=47

When I run the script I can see that there are two missing components: vesta-ioncube and vesta-php. So, I add again MyVesta’s Debian Buster repositories again and try to install again. At the moment, everithing is working fine. I know that this is not a permanent solution, but it works.
This problem is also present for clean installs of MyVesta on Debian Bullseye.
Hope this can help anyone else.

Best Regards!
myVesta
Site Admin

You can't add vesta-ioncube by installing ioncube in php-fpm that run your site.

I'm afraid that there is no solution.
The latest vesta-ioncube package was built for Debian9 by Serghey.
Only Serghey has a source code for vesta-ioncube... and I'm afraid that he will not build new build for Deb10 and Deb11.

vesta-ioncube from deb9 works for deb10... but I believe it will not work on deb11
brunoerusso

Hi, thanks for your reply. Well, I've added MyVesta repo for debian 10 and softaculous is working fine. I've installed some apps and uninstalled without errors.
So, the only way to run softaculous on debian 11 is doing what I do, isn't it? If there isn't a replacement, softaculous Will not work.
Thanks in advance and thanks for all your work on MyVesta and the forum. I really appreciate that.
Last edited by brunoerusso on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myVesta
Site Admin

OK, then I will add the same Softaculous package to deb11 repo.
Thanks for checking :)