Wordpress plugin issues + mail

Coquelish

Hello everyone,

I have done a fresh installation of Debian 11.1 and myvestacp on my OVH vps ( before I was on debian 8 with php 5.6 and Vestacp :o ). I imported all website datas and settings from my previous vestacp backups.

1/ since then I have some issues with wordpress plugins, I had deactivated them for the moment...

WP Hide & Security Enhancer: rewrite function (theme, plugins...) break my website

Wordfence Security: Optimize Wordfence Firewall > Apache + CGI/FastCGI (recommended based on our tests) > The changes have not yet taken effect. If you are using LiteSpeed or IIS as your web server or CGI/FastCGI interface, you may need to wait a few minutes for the changes to take effect since the configuration files are sometimes cached. You also may need to select a different server configuration in order to complete this step, but wait for a few minutes before trying. You can try refreshing this page.

I may have forgotten to configure something during the fresh installation? Maybe both issues are related?

2/ Also I cannot log in to my email address on my email client ( but on roundcube webmail I can send and receive mails ). The problematic domain name is installed on an additional IP.
Should I use the recommended server or domain hostname settings ? Admin can you do a tutorial about email configuration :lol: ?

Thank you ;)
Last edited by Coquelish on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
myVesta
Site Admin

1. wp-hide - it's not related to myVesta, it's probably due jump to php7.4

2. not sure, never used wordfence

3. it's just info table, use server hostname and make sure you generated SSL for server hostname WEB
Coquelish

I just got an answer from the plugin team regarding my wordpress plugin issues, it seems to be from the double slashes before the home directory that prevent the .user.ini server configuration file :?

$_SERVER[‘SCRIPT_FILENAME’]: //home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

Do you know how to fix this issue on the server? :oops:

Thanks
Coquelish

I've installed myvesta on another server and I get the same issues with wordpress plugins... I see you have disabled some PHP functions for security on myvesta that is why maybe the plugin was working fine on vestacp and not on myvesta ?

May be related to "mode_rewrite" or "AllowOverride" ?
Last edited by Coquelish on Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myVesta
Site Admin

mod_rewrite is enabled by default as Apache module.
It's not related to PHP.
Coquelish

I tried another rewrite plugin (WP Ghost Lite) on the default wordpress theme and I have the same problem ... when I look into the source code, the redirects are present, but all redirects ( css, js, jpg ...etc ) return to a Vesta 404 error that's why the website is broken. So it looks like server configuration issues.

Do you know how to fix this issue for all the vesta accounts ? Thanks
myVesta
Site Admin

Coquelish

myVesta wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:47 pm Try this - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36
Thanks this solved my rewrite issues :D

However I still have the same issue with the Firewall plugin.
Last edited by Coquelish on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coquelish

Probably is an issue with auto_prepend_file as is mentionned when I try to optimize the firewall ? How to set it on FPM/FastCGI ? pool file ?

Last edited by Coquelish on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coquelish

Coquelish wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:01 am Probably is an issue with auto_prepend_file as is mentionned when I try to optimize the firewall ? How to set it on FPM/FastCGI ? pool file ?

The issue was from auto_prepend_file :D

The .user.ini is not working on my server, do you know how to enable it for all my websites ?

For the moment I found the solution by adding the code

Code: Select all

php_admin_value[auto_prepend_file] = /home/user/web/example.com/public_html/wordfence-waf.php
directly in the website FPM/Pool config

Code: Select all

/etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool/example.com.conf
As I have multiple websites, there is a way to add this code once to all the websites ?