Purpose of myVesta secret URL

myVesta
Site Admin

Idea of secret-url is to protect you from (hypothetical) zero-day security vulnerabilities.
For example, someone discover security vulnerability in Vesta php script, makes bot that will scan all IP rangs, find all Vesta servers, and makes massive hack of all servers.
With secret url, hackers will not find your myVesta server.

If someone find security vulnerability we will fix it immediately, so there is no time for your users to hack you, even if they have high hacker skills ;)

It is absolutely safe to give someone your secret URL, it's just a link that will open login form of myVesta.
He can not hack you with that URL.
With secret url, he will just be able to load login form of myVesta.

Tags:
Mike_Tester

That's great security feature.
T4B

gatto

is a great security feature but i am not shure why but it constantly asks me for my credentials, every time I go to do something I get the login form and I have to log in again. More than sure it becomes overwhelming.
T4B

gatto wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 pm is a great security feature but i am not shure why but it constantly asks me for my credentials, every time I go to do something I get the login form and I have to log in again. More than sure it becomes overwhelming.
yeah same
myVesta
Site Admin

gatto wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 pm is a great security feature but i am not shure why but it constantly asks me for my credentials, every time I go to do something I get the login form and I have to log in again. More than sure it becomes overwhelming.
Where do you exactly go?
Can you make video of this?
gatto

for example:
go https://vesta.mysite:8083/?myhideurl and login, go to Web section and resturn login page, again user/pass-login.
Not happen always, is like random or inactive time. Sometime the login prompt several times.
myVesta
Site Admin

Maybe your IP is changing... maybe you switched to VPN... or changed ISP...