Original VestaCP script not working any longer?

deanhills

@dpeca Just to let you know after an absence of a few months due to an operation, when I returned I found an old VestaCP on a VPS was no longer working. I was in a hurry and since the VPS was using CentOS thought to do a quick download from VestaCP original site. I was able to download the installation script, but when I logged into the new panel, it looked TOTALLY different. As though someone had changed the logo. Bad part of it though was although I could install and log into the panel, the user information, domain and everything was gone. The script failed to install the user and domain info - as though it was an empty VestaCP. So not sure whether that was just an oops, but I deleted the installation immediately.

I then went back to installing Debian on my VPS and the MyVestaCP script, and am very happy with the experience. I noticed that there is a new Debian, Debian 11, however unfortunately the most up to date Debian from my VPS host was Debian 10. I'm planning to upgrade Debian 10 manually later to Debian 11. I have a tutorial for it somewhere.

In the meanwhile the installation of MyVestaCP was perfect and spot on, and I was most relieved to find the panel as it always looked before.

Again many thanks for updating and maintaining the fork, and offering it to enthusiasts like myself. This is much appreciated. 8-)
myVesta
Site Admin

i'm not recommending upgrade from deb10 to deb11 until we make walkthrough tutorial for that - because exim4 needs total fresh config file, and there are few things to execute in order to make upgraded deb11 working fine.
deanhills

Thanks for letting me know dpeca. Will hold off on the upgrade project until further notice from you.