How did you find out about myVesta?

myVesta
Site Admin

OK, something must be first topic on forum, so let's start with question.
bfcrew

Hi dpeca,

Thank you for continuing the VestaCP project.

I was trying to build a mail server with VestaCP, but somehow in one VPS it just couldn't work and I couldn't find the solution
Then I saw a thread in Vesta Forum about this fork and I installed it eventhough I never use Debian (I always use CentOS).

And now it runs again smoothly!

Hope it always stays the same.

Cheers,
bfcrew
sergtech

Need to resist the urge to say -- First!

Can we mention the Vestacp forums?

I think the more interesting question is Why? Well, I've been seeing dpeca is actively developing this control panel and started using it since version 0.9.8-26-24. Happy to see the activity recently and hopefully the rapid pace won't break too many things.

S
myVesta
Site Admin

sergtech wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 am Need to resist the urge to say -- First!

Can we mention the Vestacp forums?
You mean to mention myVesta on official Vestacp forums?
Hard question, and answer is both yes and no.
As I described on Vesta forum, myVesta is not competition to official Vesta.
I just make stable builds for my company and my friends.
And I made it public on suggestions of my friends... in order to give stable and secured panel to everyone.

From that point of view, I would not like that someone goes to official Vesta forum and tell people "hey dude, throw out Vesta, use myVesta".
I would not like to "advertise" myVesta at the expense of Vesta.
Keep in mind that I'm still Vesta developer :D (and I will push today some new security fixes on official Vesta github).

But, if someone needs help, and myVesta already has solution for it, you can link either myVesta or directly solution.
Example: https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php ... 342#p82342

Anyway, keep on mind that it's OK only in order to help somebody to find the solution for his problem, and NOT in order to advertise myVesta.

sergtech wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 am Happy to see the activity recently and hopefully the rapid pace won't break too many things.
Don't worry.
My company has 120 servers with myVesta, and I enabled auto-update for myVesta on all servers.
So I'm very very careful when I commit new code, I always check on few servers first :)
Amadex
Your location: Europe
First name and last name: Amar Dugonja

It's amazing panel. Found it on LET. 8-)
myVesta
Site Admin

dpeca wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:14 am Keep in mind that I'm still Vesta developer :D (and I will push today some new security fixes on official Vesta github).
Done - https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/commits/master
putude

dpeca wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am OK, something must be first topic on forum, so let's start with question.
From VestaCP Forum.. :mrgreen:
sppa

Hello, I found out about myvesta from vestacp forum but I got interested about it when I read about the security improvements and other tweaks!!!!
Ominae

Hi all
I found myvesta in the vesta forums :roll: precisely because it was looking for information about why it was not updated.

I would like to try myvesta but I don't know how much hardware resource you need.
For a myvesta server with nginx, it works with 10 wordpress. Will it be too small to have a 1GB RAM server?
How many maximum Wordpress could work with 1GB?
myVesta
Site Admin

Ominae wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:11 am I would like to try myvesta but I don't know how much hardware resource you need.
For a myvesta server with nginx, it works with 10 wordpress. Will it be too small to have a 1GB RAM server?
How many maximum Wordpress could work with 1GB?
Requirements are the same as for official Vesta.