video for multi php install

lonjoe

I've search all over the internet on how to install multi PHP, but still no joy with my attempts to follow any of the instruction,
my main obstacle is that i can't seem to change the zeros to ones, I've used power shell, putty and others on windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro.. i know the instructions works, because many of them have posted results of the change.

viewtopic.php?t=52

so how about some of the kind clever people on here showing the newbies a simple straight forward and very easy to follow video? :D
all the written instruction I've read say change the zero to one, but none of them show how to achieve them.
admin must be very fed up with people like me asking about multi PHP questions all the time, so i promise to do a video on this when am shown how to do this so i too can help with answering so on the many questions that come up on here
myVesta
Site Admin

Code: Select all

mcedit ./vesta-inst-php.sh
Put 1 in desired PHP versions.

inst_56=0
inst_70=0
inst_71=0
inst_72=0
inst_73=0
inst_74=0
inst_80=0
inst_81=0
Save it (press F2 in 'mcedit', confirm saving, and then twice press ESC to escape the editor), and then run script.
webxtek

instructions on this are extremely direct mate, i don't recommend you to manage your own server without understanding Linux basics.
You can use WINSCP to navigate to the file using a filemanager.
I personally use WINSCP and PUTTY.

Will try to make it simple for you:
1.)login into your SSH, using your ROOT credentials.

2.) Run this :
wget -nv -O ./vesta-inst-php.sh https://c.myvestacp.com/tools/multi-php-install.sh

That will get the file you need now to edit on step 3) nano ./vesta-inst-php.sh

4)now you have all the versions php and you choose the ones you want to install by replacing 0 with 1, for example if i want to install php 8.1 the file should look like this:

inst_56=0
inst_70=0
inst_71=0
inst_72=0
inst_73=0
inst_74=0
inst_80=0
inst_81=1

5) if you using nano to edit the file, you press CTRL + X to close, it will ask if you want to save it, and you click Y (yes)

6)now you edited the script file, you run it for the installation start:

sudo bash ./vesta-inst-php.sh
lonjoe

Admin you are a saint, :D
i understand that very well and I've tried the process so many times before posting on here, it seems so straight forward to follow, but for some reason, am not able to chant the zero to one, i can delete the zero, but it does not accept any input, i've been trying for over 4 months now
lonjoe

Hey, thanks for the response, it's really great that you've gone out of you way to help, and am very grateful, but like i mentioned earlier to Admin, am not able to input anything, i can delete the zero, but it won't accept my one input
myVesta
Site Admin

you probably typed:

vi ./vesta-inst-php.sh
well, dont.

type:

lonjoe

myVesta wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:10 am you probably typed:

vi ./vesta-inst-php.sh
well, dont.

type:

Thank you Admin, you were right :D
lonjoe

webxtek wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:59 pm instructions on this are extremely direct mate, i don't recommend you to manage your own server without understanding Linux basics.
You can use WINSCP to navigate to the file using a filemanager.
I personally use WINSCP and PUTTY.

Will try to make it simple for you:
1.)login into your SSH, using your ROOT credentials.

2.) Run this :
wget -nv -O ./vesta-inst-php.sh https://c.myvestacp.com/tools/multi-php-install.sh

That will get the file you need now to edit on step 3) nano ./vesta-inst-php.sh

4)now you have all the versions php and you choose the ones you want to install by replacing 0 with 1, for example if i want to install php 8.1 the file should look like this:

inst_56=0
inst_70=0
inst_71=0
inst_72=0
inst_73=0
inst_74=0
inst_80=0
inst_81=1

thank you :D

5) if you using nano to edit the file, you press CTRL + X to close, it will ask if you want to save it, and you click Y (yes)

6)now you edited the script file, you run it for the installation start:

sudo bash ./vesta-inst-php.sh