Default site folder changing after certificate renewing

sly

I came from Vesta, 90% of all sites are in public_shtml folder. most recently developed ones are in public_html.
Anytime LetsEncrypt renews certificate for 90% of sites that are in public_shtml, it somehow changes site location to public_html folder. Sites of course wont load and i have to go to control panel and just change it back to public_shtml and that takes care of issue for another 60-90 days till cert renew again. I cant figure out what's causing this or how to fix this. Please help.

Tags:
isscbta
Team Member

Is there any particular reason why would you keep files in public_shtml?
Because SSL will work without any problems with files stored in public_html, if that's the reason why you are keeping them in public_shtml.
sly

isscbta wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:27 pm Is there any particular reason why would you keep files in public_shtml?
Because SSL will work without any problems with files stored in public_html, if that's the reason why you are keeping them in public_shtml.
No particular reason. Its just how it was initially created years ago, i think back in its days reason ssl files were suppose to be in public_shtml.
I dont mind moving them to public_html but i have tried moving files and setting folder to public_html and wordpress site didnt want to load. It seems like maybe it needs to be set elsewhere as well and im not sure where that is. I prefer just make it work how it is now without moving anything if possible.