Installation of myVesta in Ukraine

User avatar
myVesta
Site Admin
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 am

Sitego wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:03 pm Now everything works fine from Ukraine without proxying. At the beginning of the war, network blocking was very tough, and now CloudFlare has been unblocked.
I'm happy you are fine.
OK, I will remove mirror server then, you should remove previously added lines from /etc/hosts

Tags:
Sitego
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:16 pm

myVesta wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:28 am
Sitego wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:03 pm Now everything works fine from Ukraine without proxying. At the beginning of the war, network blocking was very tough, and now CloudFlare has been unblocked.
I'm happy you are fine.
OK, I will remove mirror server then, you should remove previously added lines from /etc/hosts
Hello. Well, not so, everything is fine, as we would like. But we are still living, and this is already good. A person gets used to any living conditions.

Again, your site is blocked and is not accessible from the territory of Ukraine without a proxy. Most likely, it is not your site that is being blocked, but an entire ip subnet.
Sitego
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:16 pm

It so happened that one of my own new sites that I added to CloudFlare was also unavailable from Ukraine. Checking the IP assigned from CloudFlare showed that my site is on the same IP along with your site.
Image

Naturally, I started looking for a solution and asked a question on the CloudFlare forum. They answered me there:
The 188.x range is notoriously blocked by lots of ISPs or regulatory bodies - you can’t really change anything about the IP’s you are assigned other than paid plans which have different pools of IPs. Removing & readding the domain might get you new IPs, but no guarantees.
It turns out that this range 188.114.96.0-188.114.97.255 is bad and this is a problem with access not only for Ukraine. So your site may not be available for other countries, just no one wrote.

With my website, I solved this problem by deleting the domain from CloudFlare and redirected it to the DNS of the free service. And in order not to transfer the site, I just proxied this domain through Nginx of another server. After seven days (when the domain records were completely deleted from CloudFlare's memory), I added the domain to CloudFlare again. And lo and behold, CloudFlare assigned an IP in the range 172.67.48.0-172.67.63.255, now everything is working fine.

Perhaps you should also do this to get away from a bad pool of IP addresses.
Post Reply