Backup does not show up in /backup on web page-Cannot restore backup

steve-l

So on to part 2!
I have created another myVesta server on a different machine. The web page is working now mostly. I need to restore my backup from the old server to the new server now.
I have put the backup file in the /backup folder on the root of the HDD.
xxx@xxx1:/backup# ls -l
total 3974524
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4069908480 May 10 14:24 admin.2023-05-09_07-49-57.tar
In the myVesta backup page it shows no backups there.
On this move accounts page viewtopic.php?t=50 I also tried to use the command to restore: nice -n 19 ionice -c 3 v-restore-user UsernameOfAccount UsernameOfAccount.2020-06-20_01-10-02.tar , using my info inserted. I got this back-
ionice: failed to execute v-restore-user: No such file or directory. I know why this failed as my path is not set up so that v- commands work. So I changed the command to- nice -n 19 ionice -c 3 /usr/local/vesta/bin v-restore-user admin admin.2023-05-09_07-49-57.tar and got this back:
ionice: failed to execute /usr/local/vesta/bin: Permission denied
I am in as root via su so I am trying to figure out why I cannot restore my backup file.
Then I tried chmodding it to 777.
Ran this again; nice -n 19 ionice -c 3 /usr/local/vesta/bin v-restore-user admin admin.2023-05-09_07-49-57.tar. And got this>>>
ionice: failed to execute /usr/local/vesta/bin: Permission denied
So the base questions:
Where does the backup file need to be? Is /backup the one on the root of the HDD?
Why when it is there does it not show up in the backup page of the control panel?
How can I get my backup working in the new server?
Thank you very much for your help on this! The way I am going I will end up pulling all my hair out!

Tags: