Bad experience

Komisar

Hello,

Thank you for myVesta, but I may conclude each year (each update) it gets worse and worse. I do not mean only myVesta, but the whole LAMP bundle including myVesta.

Lets say a newbie will install the panel, nothing will work, he will reinstall OS and try another panel (Fastpanel etc). I'm an experienced Linux user but today it took me few hours to make almost everything correctly at my newly installed Debian 12 server. A year or two ago it took 5 minutes!

Ok, so step by step.

By default, roundcube can't connect to database (using password:no)
When trying to connect with the password from config, its wrong password.
When connecting to database with root and SE mysql; SELECT * FROM `user` it's

Code: Select all

ERROR 1449 (HY000): The user specified as a definer ('mariadb.sys'@'localhost') does not exist
I still did not solve this error, honestly I dont need Roundcube now but I don't want to fix it later when I will need it.

phpMyAdmin supplied is a bullsh*t v 5.2.1 that contains dozen of bugs.
Installing phpMyAdmin 4.9.11 manually - dozen deprecated warnings under PHP 8.2 that cant be disabled using php-fpm config or placing error_reporting() at the top of phpmyadmin config (probably phpmyadmin sets it elsewhere in the souce code), so I need to run PHP 7.4 to make it work correctly.

jQuery migrate and jQuery validation packaged (I'm not really sure if those came from Debian 12 DVD 1 or from myVesta or from phpmyadmin official archive) were broken (unexpected { blabla) so replaced with same versions from first-found CDN source.
And it's not the full list of bugs.

By the way, could you make a version chooser for php + fpm config? Apache2 is useless and all available scripts for multi-php install are for nginx + apache. It's worth to have php version selector on install (all from Sury), not to install absolutely everything like they did in Hestia. Also choose default php version for newly created host (default.tpl symlinked to php-socket-v*.tpl, not opposite way). Also choose pre-installed phpmyadmin version at least from two (4.9 and latest)

Also, is there any repo with old-school myVesta GUI? I don't like that new one and want to return classic. Unfortunately, new GUI IMO was a useless waste of time of it's developer(s)... I saw this topic but it would be cool to have the chooser from the box.

If multiple PHP-fpm installed, there is a bug with path, and the proper (or any) fpm should be restarted in case of adding / modifying new domain (virtual host)

For security reasons, IMO the default path to phpmyadmin and webmail must be altered and disabled for non-ssl connections. Of course its possible to change few configs manually...

Sorry, this is just a one non-systematized list of possible todo in a random order. I do NOT want to create one more fork of VestaCP, IMO one good and widely used solution is better then few abandoned forks.