[File manager] Upload Limit

webxtek

Hi,

After reading some posts here about this issue, i still did not find any solution.

I installed PHP 7.4 on a new host, fresh install, i tried to upload a 500mb zip and it gets stuck on the end.
I went on the apache php.ini and changed the values that were limiting the upload, i checked nginx to, restarted both, and still can't upload it.

Second attempt:
I went on folder by folder looking for templates etc, changed the values there, restarted everything... and still can't upload

I can only upload small files, so i can't understand where the limitation is coming from, already lost 4 hours on this :(

Hope someone can help me out, i'm even planing doing the whole instalation from scratch as i want the setup sharp as possible.

THANK YOU
myVesta
Site Admin

see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=54

so, in pool.d conf files, alter:
upload_max_filesize
post_max_size
myVesta
Site Admin

but if you use "VestaCP FileManager", well, in that case better upload file via FTP.
webxtek

Yes, i think its a limitation from the vestacp filemanager, because after using ftp i was able to upload it as it should.
Any filemanager alternative you could recommend? thank you very much
myVesta
Site Admin

I never researched about FileManagers, sorry.
I suggest you to simply upload large files via FTP :D
webxtek

Alright, thanks a lot!
May i ask you if there is any post you could recommend for the best speed/security optimization?

And another question, on cpanel i use a backup transport that backups up every second day and transports to google drive and stores for 1 month. Then a second script that backs up monthly and stores 6 months.
Is there any function on vesta that could do this? thank you?
Ominae

webxtek wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:38 pm Alright, thanks a lot!
May i ask you if there is any post you could recommend for the best speed/security optimization?

And another question, on cpanel i use a backup transport that backups up every second day and transports to google drive and stores for 1 month. Then a second script that backs up monthly and stores 6 months.
Is there any function on vesta that could do this? thank you?
VestaCP It was created only with an option to backup to FTP servers, they did not create development for other services such as GDrive or Dropbox.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=115

If a team did not create something new for VestaCP in the past, it is very difficult for Dpreca to work alone on new options for MyVesta.
webxtek

yup, i understand and i really appreciate all the work Dpreca put on this project! <3
Thank you to for replying me :)
myVesta
Site Admin

Ominae very good described situation with GDrive support.

About optimizatons... well... default setup is already oprimized in all ways.
Maybe just one note about system update process - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=270&p=754